Saturday, April 29, 2017

MY REAL AWARDS

  My real AWARDS, REWARDS and HONOURS


“We become worthy when we have something that money cannot buy.”

I am overwhelmed by the gratefulness and reverence showered on me by many individuals.  Many parents named their children after my name, ‘Prasad’ --- Er. Saravana Prasad, M.E., son of Thiru P. Prabhakaran of Indian Bank, Bhavani; Mr. Naveen Prasad, son of Thiru A. V. Parameswaran,  Angalakurichi;  Mr. Sivaram Prasad, son of Thiru K. Chidambaram,  Avilpoondurai,  Mr. K. Prasad,  son of Thiru M. Karthikeyan, Erode,  are a few among the many to mention.



I posted the following on the Facebook: 

 “This photograph is taken today (January 4, 2015) when Thiru P. Prabhakaran along with his son, Saravana Prasad visited to greet me.  I treated Prabhakaran more than 35 years ago (1977) long before his marriage.  I attended his marriage ceremony and later he was blessed with a son.   Out of a deep sense of gratitude,  he cherished to include my name "Prasad" in his son's name. So he was christened as "Saravana Prasad" who, after studying ME, is now on the teaching faculty of an engineering college.  Prabhakaran, who is an exceptionally good human being,  had retired from the Indian Bank,  Bhavani and is very happy having a son of exemplary qualities. I do not deserve the honour and the adulation he and his circle of friends and relatives consistently showered on me during the past 30 years.”

That was about two years ago.  And,  today (August 8, 2017),  Prabhakaran and family came to invite us for the marriage ceremony of Saravana Prasad to be celebrated on September 3, 2017.


And, in 2018, I received the following communication from Prabhakaran:

Respected sir,                                                        August 24, 2018

We are all o.k. sir &  hope this message finds you in good health & cheers.
My daughter-in-law Iyshvariya Laksmi, wife of Saravana Prasad (my  son) 
gave birth to a male child 
on 10.07.2018 at KARUR. Yesterday, on 23.08.2018,
Thursday, naming ceremony function was conducted  &
 in that function we cherished to include your 
name "Prasad" in his son's name. So he is christened as  "VARUN PRASAD"
(My grand son's name) 

Sir, we were extremely
happy that you attended my son's marriage functions on both days
i.e. on 02.09.17 evening & also 03.09.2017 morning & happily  blessed
 the new young couple.  Sir, at present ,We are all happily living
 because of your whole hearted true affection &  good
wishes and blessings always for the past 4 decades from January 1977,
not only to me but also to my entire family members & my friends circle.

Myself & my  family members are always grateful to you & your family sir. 
Please convey our respects to respected Madam & wishes to Dr.Rajeev sir & his family.
Thanking you sir. 

Prabhakaran & family and Saravana Prasad & family, BHAVANI.

***********************************************

Again on December 9, 2022, I received the most pleasant communication from Prabhakaran which is attached below.  This is a great honour and award for me.  It has an everlasting emotion, love, affection and immeasurable respect.  This is more valuable to me than the awards I received at ceremonial functions (which are mostly formal, superficial, perfunctory and with no real emotion). Prabhakaran added my name 'PRASAD' to the names of his son and grandson as well.  I am deeply humbled and greatly elated at his true expression of love to me.            What better award one can get !!!

Respected Doctor sir,                                                                            December 9, 2022


This message finds in good health and cheers. Here we are all fine. Because of your whole

hearted blessings on me and on my family members, I am leading a healthy and happy life

along with my family members.

Sir,

Myself, my friends team and my family members are always remembering you from 27.01.1977 

because of your kindness, affection and best treatment given to us.


My son P Saravana Prasad M.E.,M.B.A., is working as Asst.Professor, in Excell College of 

Engineering and Technology, Komarapalayam (Excell Group of Institutions) from 2013.He is going 

to get his P.hd  shortly.


My grand son S.VARUN PRASAD ( four and half years old ) is doing his LKG in Excell Public School.

Particularly I can mention here that you have attended my son Saravana Prasad's marriage on both days

(i.e. on 02.09.2017 evening and on 03.09.2017 morningMuhurtham.) Really I am very much blessed sir.


For all the above, I convey my sincere thanks and gratitude to you sir. I also request you Sir  to kindly convey my regards to Madam and your sister Madam and wishes to Young Dr.Rajeev and his family.

Special wishes to VARSHA.


May GOD bless you and

Your family members with long, healthy and Happy life. Herewith I am sending my grand son 

S VARUN PRASAD photo for your kind perusal and blessings.

 

With regards,

 

Thanking you sir,

 

           Yours sincerely,

            P.Prabhakaran.



Again on November 12, 2023,  I received the following communication loaded with affection and gratitude.


Respected Doctor Sir,                                            12-11-2023

We have received your affectionate Diwali Greetings with thanks.

Hope this message finds you and your family members in good health and Cheers.

Very long ago, I met you Sir, for treatment for my illness on 27.01.1977 and got recovered fully because of your kind treatment and blessings. Further, my marriage held on 02.03.1987 at Bhavani, and you had also attended my marriage and blessed us. We got only one son name P Saravana Prasad and he is an Asst.Professor in Excel Group of Institutions. His marriage took place on 03.09.2017 at BHAVANI in your presence, and had blessings from you on both days.i.e.02.09.2017 evening and 03.09.2017 morning. Really we are all very much blessed Sir.

On my retirement on Superannuation from Indian Bank on 31.08.2012, you had sent one Greeting which really touched my heart and soul.

During 2018 we had been blessed with a grand son, S.Varun Prasad, and he is doing his UKG in Excel Public School, Komarapalayam.

Sir, I submit to inform that, as I have been associated with you for the past 4 decades since 1977 and because of your treatment, kindness and blessings I am happily leading my life, hale and healthy.

Today morning when I received your Diwali greetings, I remembered all the above and hence this message with spirit, Sir.  Especially your humanitarian attitude towards to me, my family members, friends and all the needy poor people is notable.  And also your "Pay what you can Clinic"  which is very much useful / beneficial for the health of the needy poor people immensely touched everybody's heart and soul.  Myself and my family members wholeheartedly convey our gratitude always to you, Sir, and Madam, and our best wishes to Dr.Rajeev and family.

With Greetings,

P.Prabhakaran & family
Bhavani.

Sent from my iPhone



    Some of the kids whom I treated are now parents and grandparents who bring their children and grandchildren for treatment.  Dr. M.Vinodhini,  daughter of Mrs. Karunambal and Thiru Mariappan, Koilpalayam was treated by me when she was an infant,  and she must be angry with me as I could not attend her marriage ceremony.  Interestingly, I came to know through a report in The Hindu of Sept.15, 2011 that this “kid”, Vinodhini got the credit of becoming the first doctor to do a Caesarean operation to deliver a “kid” for the first time in that district at a Primary Health Centre (Arudesam).
The following is a reprint of what I wrote on the Facebook:
“ … Me ? ... GOD ???

           Thank you all friends for the numerous 'likes', 'shares' and appreciative 'comments' over the 'Change of my Profile Picture' on FACEBOOK (Oct 14, 2013). You have enormously complimented me by using words like 'great genius', 'unique', 'hero', 'legend', 'lion', 'pearl', 'nature lover', etc., though I am just a drop in the ocean. Swaminathan Subramanyam went to the extent of citing me as a GOD ! This comment prompts me to quote the following excerpt from one of my articles titled "GOD, RELIGION and THE UNIVERSE":

 ... EASY TO BECOME GOD

                  Interestingly, while I am writing this, my niece phoned to me from Singapore saying that she happened to see on http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ramaprasad/38783 a comment by one Karun stating that I am “...JUST LIKE A GOD...” and another by Gokilavani who wrote about me as: “...HE IS MY GOD...” !  It may sound a trifle ironic, but it is very easy for any doctor to get an image like this – just by honestly extending professional help without expecting revenue returns. One can easily get good name, be called a god or whatever and be ‘worshipped’, provided one is prepared to sacrifice certain things in life.


          But, most are unwilling ‘TO BE GODS’, for obvious reasons.  Thus, most people prefer to be 'NON-GODS' ! Yes, it makes sense, GOOD BUSINESS SENSE !!  I remained ‘poor’ as I lacked this sense. No regrets, for I am happy that the society reckoned me as a GOOD HUMAN BEING.  It is important that one lives a life one feels proud of.

“Success isn’t about money or fame;
Success is living a life you feel proud of.”
                                      -- Anon ... "


           Generosity flowed in abundance when Padma Bhushan Prof. Hegde called me a “Medical Missionary” and when some doctors refer to me as “Medical Guru” and when some call me a “God” ---  all this arises out of love, the most admirable emotion of Homo sapiens. While I am overwhelmed by their reverential gratitude,  I do not know how to pay them back.  I consider these as the real awards, rewards and honours in my life.  Words fail me beyond that point.  I mused:  ‘magic does exist in this world’, as I am not worthy to be honoured by the encomiums.  I am just A DROP IN THE OCEAN.   You may read some comments posted on this subject at :  https://drtramaprasad.blogspot.com/2017/04/dr-t-rama-prasad.html
and on my 'Timeline'  under the title “A drop in the ocean.”

“A man’s true wealth is the good he has done to his fellowmen.”
                                                                  --- Mahatma Gandhi




This is not an ad,  it’s about an odd service.

GREETINGS  from

PAY  WHAT  YOU  CAN  CLINIC’

“Thena  thyakthena  bhoojithaha”– Ishopanishad

   ( Translated by  Prof. B.M. Hegde  as: “Rejoice  in  giving.”)

          True to this quote, I have been rejoicing at what little I could give.  Defying stereotypes, this clinic has been in existence for a very long time, sans glitz, blitz, ads, microphones, speeches and noise.  As a matter of my policy, publicity is shunned.  The reason is simple.  Good work needs no noise and nonsense.  My ‘SCRIBBLINGS’ on related topics may be accessed at:  http://drtramaprasad.blogspot.com





My consultation fee is not decided by me.  It is the patient’s pleasure. The patient may pay (donate) whatever he can and what he wishes.  If one is short of money, he or she need not pay anything.  The money may just be put into the ‘hundi’ box kept outside the consultation room.  And the money thus received is used for charity to help the needy, the poor and the less fortunate.  If interested to know more about this facility, go to:  http://drtramaprasad.blogspot.com/2017/06/pay-what-you-can-clinic.html .  And, if you wish, you may also 'contribute what you can'  through bank (Dr. RAMA PRASAD T,  A/C No.  451075868, INDIAN BANK,  IFS CODE  IDIB000P155,  PERUNDURAI, Erode District, Tamil Nadu - 638052 ).

 

          "We need not run after money.  If we are meritorious and compassionate, money would run after us, and it eludes us if we run after it.”      --  T. Rama Prasad

 

            “Richness is not having lots of money.  It is the feeling that one has enough of it.   Contentment sans comparison is what makes one really rich.”     --  T. Rama Prasad.

Dr. T. Rama PrasadDirector, ‘PAY  WHAT  YOU  CAN  CLINIC’PERUNDURAI,   Erode Dt., TN, India.    Former Medical Superintendent (Special), RTS & IRT Perundurai Medical College and Research Centre, Perundurai,    Bloghttps://drtramaprasad.blogspot.comEmail:drtramaprasad@gmail.comFacebook: T Rama PrasadTwitter: @DrRamaprasadtWhatsApp: +91 98427 20393                                                    

 


Continued …
This is an abbreviated text of my 'scribbling'.    The full text would be posed later.                                    --  T. Rama Prasad


           

No comments:

Post a Comment