Friday, April 28, 2017

GRADUATION DAY -- 2018, Perundurai Medical College


Left to right:  
(1) Dr. T. Rama Prasad, ‘PAY WHAT YOU CAN’ Clinic, Perundurai, (2) Dr. S. Prabhakar, Erode District Collector, (3) Thiru Thoppu N.D. Venkatachalam, Ex Minister & Perundurai MLA, (4) Dr. S. Geethalakshmi, Vice-Chancellor of the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, (5) Prof. Dr. M. Rajendran, Dean of the IRT Perundurai Medical College, (6) Thiru V. Shanmugan, Chairman of The Nandha Educational Trust.

25.04.2018 – GRADUATION  DAY
IRT Perundurai Medical College

The 2012 batch of students have graduated into MBBS doctors … hence a grand ceremony was conducted at the splendid auditorium of the college with the participation of the lively battalion of students and the meritorious teaching faculty,  in the presence of the dignitaries in the above photograph and the inspirational luminaries in the huge gathering.   The medical college has been growing by leaps and bounds, thanks to the dynamic Dean, Prof. Dr. M. Rajendran, whose tireless efforts enhanced the number of admissions from 60 to 100 and paved the way for prospects of introduction of Post-graduate Medical courses.  Dr. MR had always approached problems against many odds with the drive "I can."  And he could.  Hence dear youngsters,  never say "Can I ?";  always say "I Can."  For more about the Medical College campus and Prof. Dr. M. Rajendran see under the title "Perundurai Medical College / Sanatorium campus" on this blog.

     I took the opportunity to urge Thiru Thoppu N.D. Venkatachalam, ex-Minister and present MLA, to continue his dynamic efforts to facilitate establishing  All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the Perundurai Medical College campus.

 Among other things, I said something like the following in my informal address to the 'nascent' doctors:

“ … Dear graduating children, I am not here to preach about good and bad.  Most of you might have read some of my “Scribblings” on my blog and had an idea about the paradigm shift in the medical world today.  I am usually silent,  but my writings make a lot of noise though.

… Now, you are having a degree in your hand … with that you can do good and bad as well.  Medical profession in India provides tremendous opportunities to serve the ailing humanity in the vast rural hinterland.  And, ironically, it also gives a great chance to make illegitimate money through unethical means and exploitation, without being caught.  Choice is yours,  my dear kids ... choose your path. …  

… Things have been constantly changing since I stepped into this ‘Perundurai Sanatorium / Medical College’ campus half-a-century ago when we had the "easy-paced-Malgudi-type" of ambience of 1950s and 1960s.   The changing economic compulsions,  profit-driven marketing dynamics and ruthless business models in medical care have made Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine," turn in his grave.   And, you are going to take the ‘Hippocratic Oath’ in a short while today,  though it is outdated … 

… And, in the medical  profession, old age may not necessarily call a halt to professional activity.  In fact, I work now for more number of hours a day than what I used to do, long ago, while I was the Medical Superintendent here in the ‘Sanatorium / Medical College’ combine – of course, not for money … I run a facility by the name ‘PAY WHAT YOU CAN’ Clinic.  The name is self-explanatory, and you may read about it on my blog under a heading of the same name.  And the money collected is used for charity.  I entered this campus as a medical officer in 1967 and lived here for about 35 years, and so I consider this campus as my homeland what  with all the trees I had grown in the campus.

... Most of you in this gathering were not born at that time.  And, what do you think my age is ?  Age is just a number … think young … I am 70 years young plus six years old !    … 76 not out … still batting and scoring ! … busy,   morning to midnight and beyond – of course, not for money.  Read about it on my blog under the heading “You are not old.”  Perhaps,  my 35 years of living here in the  healthy   ‘green & clean environment’ with serene atmosphere and salubrious climate has been keeping me in good health, without an ill and without a pill … and we had a taste of good old lifestyle,  garnished with a tad of modernity !  You guys are lucky in living here for about 6 years  during your MBBS course … healthy ambience, healthy minds. 

… Education should aim at making healthy minds,  not just making wealthy careers.  We should live like human beings,  not like programmed machines.  Money is not everything, but unfortunately, these days, it ranks up there next only to oxygen.  ...

… Yes, you have a degree in your hand.  But dear ones, remember that it is not the degrees that honour us,  it should be we who should bring honour to the degrees by using them appropriately and learning continuously.   First,  try to become a GOOD HUMAN BEING and then a GOOD DOCTOR – then people will call you GOD.  Read the “Scribbling” titled ‘MODERN MEDICINE – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ on my blog … you will understand the changing scenario, and why Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine",  is turning in his grave which he entered in 377 BC.

    … I am glad you would be entering the real world outside the campus with heads full of wisdom and knowledge.  I wish you all a very satisfactory career and a very happy life with contentment.  Bye."

         To read more comments on this campus and to see more photos,  click on the link below:  

Dr. T. Rama Prasad, http://drtramaprasad.blogspot.in
'PAY WHAT YOU CAN’ Clinic, Perundurai, Erode Dt., TN, India., Former Medical Superintendent    (Special), RTS & IRT Perundurai Medical College and Research Centre, Perundurai.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



























































                 


     An interesting sidelight came to the fore when Professor Nandhagopal posted the following on WhatsApp:   "Sir, it is marvellous.   While you addressed,  the District Collector and others  respectfully stood up .  It is amazing.  Congratulations,  sir."
     I don't think it is out of reverence.   It may be incidental ... they may be standing for some other reason,  as I am just a drop in the ocean. -- T. Rama Prasad                                   



                                                                                                                       





     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  If provided,  more photos & short videos can be added to this post.   You may please mail to me.

7 comments:

  1. The best School in Perambur and The best School in Vyasarpadi
    Thanks for the useful information. Right on, It's more informative and easy to understand. Thanks a lot such a nice guideline. Located in Chennai we are the best school in Moolakadai, the best school in Perambur, the best school in MKB Nagar and best school in Vyasarpadi.
    The Best School in Perambur
    The Best School in Vyasarpadi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I discovered your website by the use of Google at the same time as searching
    for a similar topic, your web site came up, it seems good.
    I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply changed into alert to your blog thru Google,
    and located that it’s truly informative. I am gonna be careful with Brussels.
    I will appreciate when you continue this in future.

    Numerous other people can be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!


    apartments for sale in istanbul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Your Post Is Great.
    X-Fire Is Best One Medicine For best sex medicine in india. These Medicine Have No Side Effects, It Is Created From Herbs. This Medicine Helps You Increase The sex power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello….!
    It's a very nice post. In Fact I Use Ayurved & Natural Medicine and This Way Is best way to Sex Increase Medicine For Female In India. Because There Is No Side Effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete