Friday, April 28, 2017

PERUNDURAI is the GEM


                                                                Reprinted from the FACEBOOK
FB id: T Rama Prasad                                             July 3, 2016

PERUNDURAI  is the  "RATHINAM"

Perundurai is unique in many respects. Generally, it is a place of good-hearted, hard working, intelligent and ambitious people. In a short span of time it has become the hub of educational institutions and business enterprises. This evening (July 3, 2016), I had the pleasure of attending a grand function arranged by the "PERUNDURAI PUBLIC." It was impeccably organized and excellently attended by eminent personalities and a huge enthusiastic gathering of the public as well.
At this function:
(1) A book of historical documentation (about Perundurai and some of the personalities of the zone) titled "PERUMAIMIGU PERUNDURAIIN VARALARU" authored by Thiru T.K. Subramaniam is released.
(2) Some, including me, are honoured with the title "PERUNDURAI RATHINAM" in recognition of service rendered and the efforts made to enhance the image of Perundurai.
(3) Several eminent and outstanding persons delivered exceptionally interesting speeches.
(4) A 50-page-compendium of excerpts from my 500-page-'home page' is released to mark the opening of my website of my writings.  The first copy of the booklet is received by Dr. Nalla G. Palaniswami, MD, AB (USA), Chairman, Kovai Medical Center and Hospital (KMCH), Coimbatore. This 50-page reading matter will be mailed to you, if you send a request to my mail ID -- drtramaprasad@gmail.com
On being conferred by the honorific title "PERUNDURAI RATHINAM", I said that I came to Perundurai half-a-century ago as  a newcomer and took up the job of a Medical Officer  with the idea of staying here for a short period just to experience the  social and work culture here. It was just an accident ... just accidentally, I saw an ad while browsing through a newspaper calling for medical officers for the 'Perundurai Sanatorium.  I was not looking for a job.  I just joined and extended my stay, year after year, and lived here for 50 years (half-a-century) because the people in this geographical region are good, courteous, respectful, polite, helpful, loving and affectionate.  It goes without saying that my wife Rajyalakshmi (who knows more people than me by virtue of her teaching job in the Vellalar College for Women, Erode) also feels the same about the people around here.  After all, It needs two hands to clap ! She has been the pivot around whom we (family members) revolve. During my career,  I had indirectly facilitated establishment of the Perundurai Medical College in this campus by the Ministry of Transport.
Thus, the people here made us PERUNDURAI PRASADS -- natives of Perundurai.
Thanks for the reverence and the goodness of the people of Tamil Nadu, we did not go back, though we could have gone back to our jobs. Rajyalakshmi was in a science college and I was in a medical college / health service, in Andhra Pradesh, before coming to Perundurai. And my father, a doctor, had a hospital of his own, for me to step into his shoes. I further mentioned that my goodness is a reflection of the goodness of the people here, and that they made us good, if at all we are good. To be a GOOD HUMAN BEING is the first virtue one should strive for.

“A man’s true wealth is the good he has done to his fellowmen.”
                                                                                                             --- Mahatma Gandhi
I was introduced at the function with overwhelming adulation. And, glorifying encomiums were showered on me. I am not worthy to be honoured to this extent. I am just  A DROP IN THE OCEAN -- just another normal imperfect human being.  Thanks to Prof. Dr. K.P. Muthuramalingam and Thiru D.N. Chenniappan for the kind words and for thrusting me into the limelight.  While I am glorified now as "Perundurai Rathinam,"  Perundurai has already been a "Rathinam"  all along.
PERUNDURAI highly deserves to be documented to be put on a grand historical pedestal. And it is done now. We, PERUNDURAIANS, are proud of it. CONGRATULATIONS & THANKS to all those who made it happen. Thiru T.K. Subramaniam deserves accolades for his painstakingly done scholarly research and the documentation. The appreciation is evident in the last photo of this album (a warm hug).
I don't know how to thank you all.


Dr. T. Rama Prasad, 
drtramaprasad@gmail.com, 'PAY WHAT YOU CAN' Clinic, PERUNDURAI, Erode Dt., TN, India., Former Medical Superintendent (Special), RTS & IRT Perundurai Medical College and Research Centre.

                             
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                     

  

 


 

 

 

      

 

 

 





 

 

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888


 This is not an ad,  it’s about an odd service.

‘PAY  WHAT  YOU  CAN’   Clinic
“Thena  thyakthena  bhoojithaha”– Ishopanishad
   ( Translated by  Prof. B.M. Hegde  as: “Rejoice  in  giving.”)

          True to this quote, I have been rejoicing at what little I could give.  Defying stereotypes, this clinic has been in existence for a long time, sans glitz, blitz, ads, microphones, speeches and noise.  As a matter of my policy, publicity is shunned.  The reason is simple.  Good work needs no noise and nonsense.  My ‘SCRIBBLINGS’ on the related topics may be accessed at:  http://drtramaprasad.blogspot.com  or  www.rama-scribbles.com

            My consultation fee is not decided by me.  It is the patient’s pleasure.  The patient may pay whatever he can and what he wishes.  If one is short of money, he or she need not pay anything.  And the money thus received is used for charity to help the needy, the poor and the less fortunate.  If interested to know more about this facility, go to:  http://drtramaprasad.blogspot.com/2017/06/pay-what-you-can-clinic.html

          "We need not run after money.  If we are meritorious and compassionate, money would run after us, and it eludes us if we run after it.”      --  T. Rama Prasad

            “Richness is not having lots of money.  It is the feeling that one has enough of it.   Contentment sans comparison is what makes one really rich.”     --  T. Rama Prasad
Dr. T. Rama Prasad, ‘PAY  WHAT  YOU  CAN’  ClinicPERUNDURAI,   Erode Dt., TN, India.    Former Medical Superintendent (Special),  RTS & IRT Perundurai Medical College and Research Centre,  PerunduraiWebsite: www.rama-scribbles.com Blog: https://drtramaprasad.blogspot.comEmail:drtramaprasad@gmail.comFacebook: T Rama PrasadTwitter: @DrRamaprasadtWhatsApp: +91 98427 20393
    
        

2 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete